If your Marketing department is not taking advantage of using an optimization testing platform to conduct A/B and multivariate tests, or if you’re using a proprietary system, here are a few reasons to consider utilizing one of the many platforms now available to marketers.
2 Main Reasons for Implementing an Optimization Testing Platform:
- Allows you to easily run marketing A/B and multivariate tests so you can optimize your website content thereby increasing conversion rates and engagement at a faster pace.
- We’ve all experienced prioritization issues when it comes to competing for technical resources, now there’s a work-around. If your test is restricted to front-end/graphical user interface changes (such as testing call-to-actions, page layouts, text or imagery), there’s no need to involve IT and wait for development resources until you have a sure winner.
Important Features to Consider:
- Easy to use drag and drop interface that includes in-page and in-line editing via a WYSIWYG editor.
- A side-by-side view of what the changes are in a test (current vs proposed view of the page or elements) will become important as you start using the testing platform. Believe it or not, some major platforms do not have this capability making it cumbersome to understand and see the changes without going through unnecessary steps.
- Ability to stop a test upon reaching a customizable threshold. While most platforms will automatically stop a test after a certain date has been realized, not all platforms will allow you to customize a threshold. For instance, once a test hits 1MM page views, or exceeds a 5% CTR.
- While permissions should be a standard include, a customizable workflow is a must-have option. This will allow your organization to route new test changes to different departments and team members (such as to Copy, Graphic Design, and Compliance) as necessary for edits, review and approvals before new tests are published.
When conducting an RFP for a new optimization testing platform, be sure to keep the above points in mind.
Rolanda Gregory ©2016
All Rights Reserved.